Key Tips About Rubbish & Recycling
If you have a rubbish or recycling collection problem, many times you can solve it through the City of Taylor’s online app, iCare Taylor.
Rubbish & Compost Program Tips
- Actual rubbish pickup can occur at any time during your scheduled day.
- Branches that do not fit in cans or yard waste bags must be tied and bundled in 4-foot lengths of less than 50 pounds.
- Compost must be placed in rubbish cans with a compost sticker or in paper yard waste bags.
- Compost must be separated from household rubbish and placed in the proper containers.
- Compost pickup is scheduled from March through mid-December (depending on the weather). It will not be picked up from January through February.
- The following items will not be accepted curbside at any time: whole shrubs, tree stumps, sod, dirt, rocks, building materials, concrete, landscape bricks, tires, car parts, shingles, tires, hazardous materials, and electronics.
- For hazardous material, see the regional schedule for drop off.
- Free compost stickers are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Customer Service or the Department of Public Works building.
- If your city supplied container breaks, contact the City of Taylor via the easy iCare Taylor app or call the Customer Service Center at (734) 287-6550.
- Never place your carts in the street.
- No compost placed in plastic bags will be accepted!
- Refrigeration bearing items (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, etc.) will be accepted at curbside. Residents can notify Customer Service at (734) 287-6550.
- Remember, improper placement of rubbish can result in a violation and possible fine.
- Rubbish may be placed on the easement in front of your address for pickup no earlier than 6 p.m. the night before your regular pickup day.
- Rubbish must be bagged before being placed into the cart.
- The Taylor Hills Transfer Station and Compost Center is located at 16300 Racho, south of Eureka. It is open from 8 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- There is no parking allowed on the street on your rubbish collection day.
- Recycling is every week.
- Bulk items such as mattresses, furniture, carpet (rolled in 4-foot sections) and appliances will be picked up at the curb.
- Large amounts of household items (move-out) should be called in to the Customer Service Center at (734) 287-6550.